What is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
An engineered hardwood floor is made up of both hardwood and plywood layers. With the added layers of plywood in the construction, engineered wood flooring is much more durable than it’s natural counterpart.
Engineered wood has many high performance qualities that a true hardwood floor doesn’t offer like:
- High Performance – Since plywood is added to the construction, engineered hardwood is stronger and sports higher durability.
- Warping Prevention – Each layer of wood is strategically positioned in different directions, preventing warping and bowing is areas prone to moisture.
- Installation Advantages – Unlike solid hardwood flooring, engineered wood floors can be installed in grade level areas including below ground.
- Beautiful Veneer – Engineered veneer layers adds natural beauty and aesthetics just like a normal hardwood.
- Easy Maintenance – Maintaining an engineered floor is simple and quick.
You’ll find this product typically ⅜” to ¾” thick. Engineered floors will last long and perform well for your home.
Styles of Engineered Hardwood
From classic to contemporary, there is an engineered wood style that will fit your home scheme perfectly.
Engineered Hardwood Species
Engineered hardwood comes in many different species, but the hottest ones on the market today are Hickory, Oak, and Maple.
Engineered Hardwood Finishes
Hardwood finishes vary from product to product, but the ones were seeing a lot of recently is matte, semi-gloss, and high-gloss.
Engineered Hardwood Surface Effect
For an added visual effect, the top veneer layer is constructed to look like the most demanded wood flooring surface effects like hand scraped, time worn, rustic, wire brushed, and distressed.
Install Engineered Hardwood in Your Home
If engineered hardwood flooring has captured your interest, call the Carpet Guys and have us install some in your home today!
We carry the most sought-after wood flooring products from today’s leading manufacturers. On top of that, we provide all our customers with a lifetime installation warranty.
Schedule a free in-home estimate and see high-quality engineered wood samples in the comfort of your living room today.